|High Voltage Diode|
As it turns out, the 1N6535 diode is one of VMI’s most popular products. It withstands 10kV and conducts 25mA, and it recovers in under 70ns when switching from reverse blocking to forward conduction modes.
Mom was Right
She was right about the 1N6535 for a number of reasons besides it's popularity.
- The 1N6535 diode has been around for at least 15 years. It can best be described as a 10kV, multi-junction, axial-leaded, silicon diode.
- It’s a stand-out because it has a well established quality and reliability track record.
- It is versatile. It is used in applications ranging from commercial to military apps, and is an industry standard.
- It's hermetically sealed. It can run in a dielectric fluid or gas such as SF6 without absorbing the medium. It can be over encapsulated in silicone or rigid epoxy without damage.
- It’s tough. The thermally matched glass frit body is fired at high temperatures over the multi-junction stack. It’s possible to break it (with a hammer), but it’s one tough cookie!
- It's compact. You don’t have to increase your component count or take up valuable real estate stringing together a bunch of single junction diodes to block a 10kV signal.
It is RoHS compliant.
It is in no danger of becoming obsolete, so you don't have to worry about scrambling to find a replacement for a discontinued device.
Yep. Mom was right.
Take Action Now!
Download the data sheet.
Request a quote.